p a r e n t E M P O W E R M E N T S E R V I C E S
Edu-Futuro recognizes that parental involvement leads to their children’s effective performance in school. Edu-Futuro is continually striving to offer a menu of opportunities for parents to build their capacity to support and advocate for their children’s education. Edu-Futuro also trains parents for leadership, advocacy and decision-making roles in the community.
Our Parent Empowerment Services (PES) include the classes, workshops and case management services that Edu-Futuro provides for FREE for parents to help address issues that may be hindering positive family functioning, financial stability, and adaptation to life in the United States.
- Families Reunite is a three-workshop, Spanish-language program designed to help rebuild relationships between parents and children who were separated during the immigration process.
- PARTICIPA… en mi Educacion, a course originally developed by APS and adopted by Edu-Futuro in 2010 that teaches immigrant parents how to navigate the school system in order to support and advocate more effectively for their children’s schooling. Parents who have gone through PARTICIPA consistently rate its workshops very highly, and many of the immigrant parents who are active in PTAs or countywide committees have gone through the program.
- Strengthening Families 10-14, a Spanish-language, seven-workshop series offered in Fairfax County, offers children between the ages of 10 and 14 and their parents the opportunity to learn effective communication strategies to strengthen their relationships.
- Parent Support & Workforce Development Services offer immigrant parents in Fairfax County assistance in applying for jobs, referrals to social service providers, and bilingual digital literacy classes. Full-time Edu-Futuro employees review resumes, edit cover letters, and conduct mock interviews to ensure participants are equipped to succeed professionally.
- FinancialWorks offers immigrant parents and students in Fairfax and Arlington Counties referrals to free one-on-one financial coaching in both Spanish and English. Coaches provide guidance on how to achieve financial goals, such as buying a home and saving for college.
To learn more information on each of our programs, click on the links below: