Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program/Development Specialist provides grant development support to, and works in collaboration with the Executive Director to research funding sources, and write proposals for the organization’s programs. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. Grant development is essential to Edu-Futuro’s overall success, and therefore it is critical that the Program/Development Specialist assists the Executive Director in securing the resources necessary to support Edu-Futuro’s programs.
The Program/Development Specialist is also primarily responsible for overseeing all data collection, and for the evaluation (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting of such data in relation to the organization’s programs. This person works with staff to process and evaluate the collected data to produce the required reports via the Fairfax County Government WebR system, and other program reports according to the organization’s needs, contracts, and grants.
The Program/Development Specialist supports the internal and external communications of the organization through the management of software such as Apricot, Little Green Light, and online Financial Literacy training tools.
The Program/Development Specialist works independently, with limited supervision and exercising discretion. The position requires close interaction with staff in a fast-paced environment, and a candidate who is proactive, organized, resourceful and professional.
• Participates as an active member of the organization’s grant development team.
• Researches foundation, city, county, state, federal, and corporate grant opportunities.
• Collects and evaluates program data, and produces reports as needed by managing this data using Apricot software.
• Responds to correspondence (i.e., emails or letters), and to telephone inquiries regarding potential funders and program related questions.
• Coordinates promotions for fundraising events.
• Prepares and submits donor acknowledgement letters.
• Assists with event logistics for organizing the annual gala and other fundraising events.
• Works with the Administration and Operations Coordinator to perform administrative functions for financial reconciliation of all fundraising events and program fees generated by the organization to be tracked in LGL.
• Manages Edu-Futuro’s organizational calendar and coordinates with relevant parties to ensure clear communication.
• Manages and continuously updates Edu-Futuro’s website, and social media outlets.
• Coordinates agency mailings for monthly eNewsletters and eBlasts.
• Operates and updates the Edu-Futuro donor management and CRM system and other database systems by entering and maintaining donor, partner, and beneficiary data to identify volunteers and segment donors for fundraising and program activities.
• Works with the Youth Programs Coordinator and the AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator, as recruiter and in the tracking of Edu-Futuro’s volunteers’ hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in social services, public administration, or other related fields.
• Proven strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, proactively organize, prioritize, manage time, problem-solve, and handle multiple tasks to meet competing deadlines.
• At least 3 years of grant development, grant writing or related experience.
• Highly proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office™ Suite, donor relationship management (CRM) software and report database software, and email marketing, website management, and social media platforms.
• Knowledge of, and sensitivity towards, the challenges and opportunities commonly faced by the immigrant youth and families populations which Edu-Futuro serves.
• Related experience in financial and operations of non-profit organizations.
• Experience with Photoshop.
• Spanish/English bilingual (reading, writing, and speaking).
• Knowledge of educational issues impacting immigrant children, youth, and families.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email email@example.com with your cover letter, resume, two writing samples, current salary and salary history. This is a full-time position with an annual salary commensurate with experience.
Edu-Futuro is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
- Annual salary commensurate with experience.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance optional
- 3% matching contribution towards retirement plan
- Local travel reimbursement for work-related activities
- Cellphone stipend
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- A great work environment
- Make an impact in underserved communities!
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Spanish/English bilingual (reading, writing, and speaking) preferred
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: