for graduates of the Emerging Leaders Program: Part I
- Graduate of the Emerging Leaders Program: Part I (see here for more information about ELP: Part I)
- Excellent participation in Emerging Leaders Program: Part I
- Local high school student who will be a sophomore, junior, or senior in fall 2012
In October 2011, Edu-Futuro expanded its high school college prep and leadership program, the Emerging Leaders Program, into a multi-year mentoring and college preparatory experience for youth who have graduated from Part I of Emerging Leaders.
Emerging Leaders Program: Part II pairs college students (mentors) with high school students (mentees) for the robust multi-year program.
Key program components include:
- Mentoring – Individualized support from a college mentor
- College Prep – Prep for the SATs, essay and personal statements, college and scholarship applications
- Community Service – Plan, engage in, and foster commitment to community service
Each year, since 2011, university students are selected to act as mentors and friends to a new class of high school students (mentees) who have completed the Emerging Leaders Program: Part I. This support system provides high school students with access to university students who offer knowledge about how to successfully apply to and excel in college. The program is led by Edu-Futuro’s Emerging Leaders Program Coordinator who facilitates intensive activities that support these goals and the mentor-mentee relationships. The program strives to provide access to full funding for college, no matter the need. There are also opportunities for parent involvement.
Please check back in August 2013 for applications for the 2013-14 School Year.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-37466937-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);