for graduates of the Emerging Leaders Program: Part I
- Graduate of the Emerging Leaders Program: Part I (see here for more information about ELP: Part I)
- Excellent participation in Emerging Leaders Program: Part I
- Local high school student who will be a senior in fall 2013
- Nomination to apply to the program from an ELP Facilitator
In October 2011, Edu-Futuro expanded its high school college prep and leadership program, the Emerging Leaders Program, into a mentoring and college preparatory experience for youth who have graduated from Part I of Emerging Leaders.
ELP II is led by two AmeriCorps ELP Facilitators who work individually with each student throughout their college application process to ensure that they are the most competitive applicant possible. Our AmeriCorps ELP Facilitators are recent college graduates who provide high school seniors with their first hand knowledge about how to successfully apply to and excel in college. We focus on three things:
- College applications from October through January (this includes drafting, revising, editing, collecting required documents, etc.).
- Scholarship applications from February through the summer after senior year (this includes searching for scholarships and drafting, revising, editing, collecting required documents, etc.).
- Providing relevant and up-to-date information on the college application process.