Edu-Futuro seeks to expand its menu of leadership development opportunities for parents beginning with the pilot Results-Based Facilitation (RBF) introductory workshop in July 2011 for a select group of service providers followed by RBF workshops for parents in the 2011-12 school year.
Goals: The RBF workshop will target 6 community leaders from Edu-Futuro who work with Arlington parents as well as 6 community leaders/service providers from partner organizations including the Partnership.
RBF training consists of:
1. Developing an awareness of RBF skills and theory
2. Practicing RBF skills
3. Making RBF skills your own
Participants in the RBF workshop will:
1. Identify the characteristics and foundational skills of an effective RBF facilitator
2. Learn and practice techniques for holding the facilitator role
3. Use a results framework to prepare for an upcoming meeting and to facilitate a conversation
4. Explore ways to use this approach to further their own work with children, youth, and families
The RBF workshop will be led by Edu-Futuro’s board member, Dr. Rosa Briceño, an expert in RBF facilitation along with another trained, bilingual RBF coach.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-37466937-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);